BT Wholesale Broadband Performance Test
This broadband Performance Tester allows you to test the performance of your broadband connection.
To use this tester you must have Flash installed and enabled on your device.
Your broadband speed can be affected by a number of different factors including the technology used to deliver it to your premises and the type of connection you use to connect your device (PC, laptop, smartphone etc.) to your router/hub.
Before beginning the test, please ensure:
1. Your computer is plugged into the broadband line to be tested. This tester may not work on iPads/Tablets, smartphones or other mobile devices.
2. Your computer is directly connected to your modem/router via an Ethernet Connection (i.e. not via a wireless or powerline adapters).
3. Any wireless adapter in your computer is switched off.
4. Close any programs that may be running on your computer. This includes any background programs such as anti-virus software, corporate VPNs, peer2peer clients etc. (Please ensure you re-enable any anti-virus software after you have finished testing).
5. Reboot your modem/router by powering it off, waiting one minute, and then powering it up again. Wait for any lights on the router to stabilise before starting the test.
6. Restart your browser.
7. Ensure no other people or devices (e.g. broadband-connected TV set-top boxes) are using the broadband line to be tested.
8. Please note, it can take up to 10 days for your broadband line to train up to its full speed. So bear in mind that any speed test during this period may not reflect the true long-term speed of your broadband.
Please confirm that you have carried out the above steps. The speed test may report inaccurate results by failure to comply with the above steps.